Guest User
1/16/2014
I was looking for dollar payback when selling our log home with a Standing Seam metal roof. This is our main residence. If we sell we are wondering how much we would loose from this not yet installed $20K investment? Thank-You, Tom Edelman Webster, NY 585.347.4288
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
1/16/2014
A study by one of the magazines estimated about 85% cost recoup on a quality metal roof. I am sure that every situation will be different though.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
1/17/2014
+1 The ROI for a standard roof replacement is nearly 55%. Comparing that number to other material upgrades like going with fiber cement over vinyl siding, I would estimate the ROI to be at least the 85% mark and maybe higher. It really depends on the home and how much of an improvement and better fit the metal is. I, personally, think that metal should be a standard on homes that are as organic in nature like a log cabin.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.