Shingle to metal roof transition

Bob Gist
1/2/2014
I am building a home that has shingles that transition into metal . There are valleys involved and I was trying to understand the transition. Photo of completed home available.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
1/2/2014
Please email me the photo and let me know what type of metal roof you're installing and I will try to help. [email protected] Thanks.
Bob Gist
1/2/2014
Sent it to you
Bob Gist
1/2/2014
Here is the photo as well.
Bob Gist
1/2/2014
Here is the photo as well.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
1/2/2014
If that is the exact situation, then both the hip area and the horizontal joint can be done with a transition flashing consisting of Z Channels for closure and the flashing. If you email me I can email back a manual which shows how to do this. [email protected]
Bob Gist
1/2/2014
I emailed you but it came back. My email is [email protected] Thanks
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
1/2/2014
Thanks Bob. Sorry about the problem with my email. I am not sure what that is about. I will check into it. I will email the manual to you tomorrow morning when I get to my office. Thanks for your patience.
Bob Gist
1/2/2014
Todd can't get an email to go through. Any ideas?
Bob Gist
1/2/2014
Thanks

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.