Guest User
12/6/2013
Hello. I'm working in Sketchup to model our sunroom addition, which necessitates a shed roof spanning the 15' depth of the room. Given the 5/12 pitch roof of the adjoining structure, with the gable perpendicular to the shed roof, I can't get there from here with even 20' rafters on a 3/12 pitch shingled. So, I'm looking at engineered roofing products, but I'm also open to a metal roof. Educate me. What is the minimum pitch I want to even consider to minimize problems? Can I send a Sketchup file to get a quote? Upsides, downsides, I'm interested to learn it all. Thanks. Benjy von Cramon
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
12/9/2013
Minimum pitch on metal, depending on the system, is well below 3:12. Mechanically seamed standing seam can be run down 0.5:12 in the correct applications. Most of the panel systems require 3:12 pitch and will accommodate that pitch with the right installation. Benefits to metal are numerous. Life expectancy, energy efficiency, durability, etc.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.