june melton
10/13/2013
We are building a straw bale house that will be heated with both electric heat pump and wood stove. My experience is that there is less problem with condensation using those heat sources as opposed to gas. My trusses have an energy heel to allow for blown in insulation, which I understand is the most cost effective insulation. My roofing contractor is wanting to use a more expensive rolled insulation that goes between the metal and purlins and provides a moisture barrier. I don't want to use an unnecessarily pricey product but don't want to skip the vapor barrier if that will cause problems later. I also want to use environmentally friendly products. Am I making a mistake with blown in insulation and no vapor barrier?
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
10/13/2013
You will want some sort of vapor control layer across the roof. Just using blown in will likely leave you with some condensation issues.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.