Calfire ventilation requirements

Jamie Canon
10/3/2013
Calfire ventilation requirements I am putting a ribbed metal roof over 4x12 rafters at 24" oc. 3/12, and 4/12 pitched shed roofs. (residence) The ceiling will be vaulted. I am using R-38 batt insulation. The space above the insulation is of course for air flow. My question is.... New California regulations call for a fire proof system of venting. I have found ventilation solutions for a vaulted situation for Comp roofing. (Vulcan vents) Do you know of a solution for metal roofing. Some sort of strip vent at the top and bottom??
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
10/9/2013
If the concern is ember intrusion, there are metal screens of a finer mesh that can accomplish that goal and can be utilized in metal roof systems.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.