Guest User
9/9/2013
Hello, this past weekend we installed a exposed fastener metal roof on my garage. Everything went smooth during the installation. However now that we are 100% finished I have come to the sad realization that we did not overlap the panels correctly. Be honest what can I expect from this roofing job and is there anything I can do to correct my issues. This is a picture I found online that best represents how we installed the panels and where we placed the screws. Thanks
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
9/9/2013
Any chance you can post up a picture that you have taken?
John Willingham
7/15/2016
Ohh that's really sad! Is your roof leaking if yes, then you might have to uninstall and fix the roof again properly. If you are not facing any problem, then let it be like that only. From the picture I am not able to find out the problem clearly.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
7/15/2016
See what Eric thinks but I do not think this will be a problem for you other than aesthetics.This is a PBR panel and normally that extra little leg rests on the purlin, not the panel.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
7/15/2016
I am guessing the original poster has resolved their problem. Their post was from 2013 so I hope it hasn't been leaking for 3 years and not resolved.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.