Guest User
I have a 24" hole in the arched section of my Quonset hut. The picture shown is of the hole with the pieces the the previous owner cut out and I tack welded back in. i am not good enough with the welder to run a good bead on such thin galvanized metal but is is relatively structural. The main difficulty is the arched section combined with the 10" deep ridge combined with the small corrugation. i can figure out how to flash or cover the area with anything rigid. I have been recommended to use lead but am very unfamiliar with its use. Any good suggestion? Finding new panels has been unsuccessful. Thanks Aaron
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
That is going to require a complex repair and probably not a true DIY undertaking. Do you have a good metal mechanic near you? Welding or brazing in the repair panel is probably best.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Professional

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Professionals in your area for a free consultation and estimate.