Neal Young
8/28/2013
My new construction has 30lb roofing felt installed but now changing from shingles to a metal roof. Titanium UDL 30 will be used as the underlayment. Should the existing felt be removed prior to installing the UDL or may the UDL be installed directly over the tar paper? The roof will be unvented over cathedral ceilings.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
8/28/2013
I would check with Titanium as final authority as they know their product the best but I feel it's fine to leave the felt in place.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
8/28/2013
Should be fine. The woven polys are very durable and should be fine. I would, as Todd recommends, check with Titanium but I don't foresee any problems.
Guest User
8/28/2013
Thanks Eric and Todd! I checked with the manufacture and Yes, UDL 30 may be installed directly over the felt.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
8/29/2013
Great. Post up some update pictures. We love seeing the updates from posters on their projects. Good luck and keep us posted. Eric

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.