metal or rolled roofing

Annette Blythe
7/31/2013
My summer place is a Park Model trailer with an add-on area. The add-on area has a 1/12 pitch and presently has rolled roofing that must be replaced. I am thinking of 29 gauge corrugated metal as a replacement. I was told a product could be placed under and over the corrugated area to eliminate rain and snow melt from entering. I need to know if the corrugated metal is the right choice for my roof. Would appreciated your comments. Fisherlady
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
7/31/2013
Unfortunately, I do not know of any corrugated products approved for a 1:12 pitch roof.
Guest User
7/31/2013
Your response was very helpful. Thank you.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
7/31/2013
Haha. Well, I felt like I could have been more helpful. There just wasn't much to say. There are mechanically seamed standing seam panels that can be used on that low pitch.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
8/2/2013
At that pitch, you will have to run mechanically seamed standing seam as Todd indicated.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.