Doyle Light
7/11/2013
I have 26ga. Galvalume R-Panel. It got wet while still bundled prior to installation & then "steamed" during Texas summer. Several panels are severely dis-colored...look like they are on a building that burned. Can I paint this and have any longevity or is replacement pretty much my only option? Thank you for any/all advise!
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
7/11/2013
Opening this up for input
David Stermer
7/11/2013
Doyle, Thanks for the question. Wet storage staining usually is not indicative of significant corrosion. So the panels can be field-painted. Also the staining tends dissipate with age after installation. If the protective layer (zinc or zinc/aluminum) has been compromised by corrosion, panel replacement is appropriate. Regards, David Stermer

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.