Rick Wright
6/22/2013
I had a branch come down and puncture my metal roof. Do I have to remove the whole roof to that point and replace that one panel or is there a way to patch the hole? I have a interlocking roof that is made to look like shingles. I have seen some suggest on some sites that you can glue a patch over the hole using roofing cement and others that say you can solder a new piece. I have some left over pieces from the installation. but they are not very smooth and if I solder two pieces together, then I will have to remove the paint and that can't be good. Any Ideas?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
6/23/2013
Can you send me a picture of the damage please? [email protected]
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
6/23/2013
Totally depends on the profile and roof type. Send a picture to Todd and he will post it up and give you the answer.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.