Guest User
3/11/2013
I have faux copper roofing over a bay window. It's about 10 years old, and has faded quite a bit. I'm curious what can be done to bring this thing back to a more youthful appearance. Paint? If so, what kind (oil, latex, acrylic, something special)? Any special procedures? I've attached a picture. Thanks! -R.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
4/3/2013
Probably the most practical thing you can do is clean it well and then go to a quality paint store and explain the situation and ask for the two-coat system they would recommend for this application.
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
4/3/2013
I don't think it looks bad personally. Are you wanting to go back to the copper look? That, to my knowledge, is not a particularly easy finishing process.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.