Painting a Metal roof on church

Bryant Wick
2/24/2013
We have a old metal roof on our church and its been painted before by a contractor and the roof is peeling and rusting after a few years, I just started attending this church and I am a contractor my self and I think an epoxy paint would work and hold up over the long run ? No mater what type of paint used should we sand blast the roof first or just pressure wash ? Any help would be great Thank Bryant
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
2/28/2013
I would suggest cleaning it as well as possible and then a primer and top coat as recommended by a quality paint company. There is also an air dry Kynar system available called Aquatec which would be good but it is pretty expensive.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.