Troy Lundell
1/31/2013
I have heard that Zinc Roofing is difficult to cut without it causing a fracture in the material. Is this true? if it is true how do i cut it without causing a fracture? Thanks
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
1/31/2013
One way is to drill or punch a hole and then cut to the hole.
Guest User
3/20/2013
Zinc roofing has its quirks when it comes to fracturing. Thre are spcific tools that can aid in the reduction of cracking. Dependinging on the detail in mind simply punching a hole may not surfice. I would reccomend contacting a tool company or a distributor for proper tool education with zinc.
CJ Roach
7/28/2013
I am looking for an relative cost analysis between zinc, steel,tin and any other metal used for roofing. I am also interested in finding out from the experts what trends they see in metal roofing for this (and possibly next) year and in roofing in general. This is for a student paper and I am on a deadline. The most current information I can find is for 2005. Any assistance appeciated. Thanks!
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
7/29/2013
CJ, Supply pricing is very regional by nature. Best thing I could suggest would be to contact some local supply houses in your area and see if you can get some numbers out of them. They may be hesitant without being a contractor but most will be helpful when they can.
Guest User
7/29/2013
Thanks anyway....do you have any trends analysis?
7/30/2013
CJ, I do not. I do know that there are several posters that have been working on similar papers so the information is very likely out there. If you would like some feedback on a regional level, I am happy to give my opinions if need be. Eric
Guest User
7/30/2013
thanks anyway Eric - I did find some info out there.
8/2/2013
Good deal. Keep us posted and I would love to see your paper. Perhaps we can put it up as a blog post. Feel free to email it to me when you are looking for a review as well: [email protected]

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.