Jeff Cook
1/28/2013
Here in Tallahassee, we have heavy pollen in the spring. Is there a product you can spray on and rinse off for metal roofing? My roof is 24ga standing seam with reflective paint, installed 1 year ago. I do not wish to damage the paint and want to keep my roof looking new.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
1/28/2013
There are some cleaning solutions offered by www.wash-safe.com which I believe may work well for you.
Jeff Cook
2/7/2013
Thanks for the reply. I ended up purchasing a long fiberglass extension handle and attached a soft bristle broom to it. I used a hose end sprayer to apply a mild detergent and then brushed till clean, then rinsed. I found it worked best on a moist overcast day to give myself time to work the soap and not let it dry out.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.