David Bloch
1/16/2013
Hi, I am converting a recently built shed into a living space. The shed has a metal roof on it, screwed directly into spaced sheathing. No plywood, OSB, felt, nothing. My plan is to take the metal roof off, put a moisture barrier under it, and then reinstall it. In the interior space I'm going to put in rigid foam insulation and then drywall. Also, I live in Oregon (lots of rain in winter, hot and dry in the summer). My questions are: 1. Will this be sufficient? Or will I need plywood or OSB? 2. What kind of barrier would you recommend for a metal roof? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, David
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
1/16/2013
I would suggest plywood. I also would suggest moving the vapor barrier to be directly behind the drywall. Let's keep moisture from migrating up into the insulation even.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.