Metel roof on a trailor house vent issue

Guest User
1/8/2013
I'm pretty much set on going with a metal roof over exsisting shingles but i'm stuck on one point. What do i do with the vents near the ridge? The house is a double wide manufactured house. About a foot or so down from the ridge, on both sides, are rather large 12x6 inch vents spaced say 10 feet apart. How do i tackle this issue? Obviously there is not 'ridge vent' as the ridge is where both sides of the house are bolted together. So should i remove the vents, leave the big open hole, then install the new metal directly over the roof? or just use a bunch of vent holes for the new metal roof? Thanks for the look.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
1/8/2013
A lot depends upon what type of roofing you're installing and also the pitch of the roof. Generally I would suggest closing up the old holes, cutting in a ridge vent, and installing ridge vent. However, it's very important that you get the okay of your roofing manufacturer before proceeding.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.