Metal roof install

Guest User
12/21/2012
I am planning on installing metal roof over battens over old shingles. An installer said that over time, the temp difference where the metal is over the battens will cause a color difference. In other words, you will be able to see a different color where the battens are. Never actually heard this, but did see one metal roof where you could see the outlines of the battens
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
12/22/2012
I, too, have seen this but sometimes felt maybe I was seeing some difference in the dew on the panels which could be caused by temperature differential over the battens versus over the airspaces. I would think your best chance of avoiding this would be with a top quality paint finish. The other question though is why use battens versus direct to deck?

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.