Guest User
12/16/2012
Would a corregated style metal roof be more likely to retain snow than a standing seam metal roof? My new home being built is on a narrow lot with close by neighbors (5 foot setbacks) and my contractor is worried about snow avalanches damaging neighbor property or worse.... The roof has opposing sheds in the front (with clerestory) and a gable in the back. The pitch on the front right side is 7/12 spanning over 15 feet. The pitch on the other three portions of the roof is 4/12, spanning over 15 feet each also.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
12/16/2012
Right off hand I'd say that if it's critical to not have snow sliding then no matter what type of roof you install (metal or otherwise) you will need to use a snow retention device.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.