Mobile home metal roof and dorm

Guest User
10/7/2012
I have a double wife I'm putting metal roof on over shingle We'll the dorm is over door but doesn't extend out any but the ridge on it will meet ridge on top. How would I void this or fix this. The dorms peak runs into the peak of house..
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/7/2012
Interesting that you have a double wife. Good luck with that. :-) It is not uncommon to have the situation you have where the two ridges must be joined. I would keep the ridge on the main roof continuous and miter the dormer ridge into it.
Guest User
1/26/2015
Is it ok to put metal roof over shingles on a trailer house? There is no felt, just shingles.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
1/26/2015
Girlie, as long as the manufacturer instructions for the new roof are followed, including meeting the minimum pitch and using the appropriate underlayment, you should be okay. If your home has little or no ventilation in the attic though you should discuss that with your metal roofing supplier.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
1/27/2015
+1 to Todd's feedback. Can you post up a picture?

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.