Does a metal roof make economic sense for me?

Guest User
9/10/2012
We've been in a one-floor house in a 1970s subdivision for three years now. The roof will need replacing pretty soon (removing two levels of asphalt shingle). I'm intrigued by the idea of a metal roof. However we've only got maybe fifteen years in the house before we move into a retirement home. If we put a conventional roof on, we likely wouldn't have to replace it in that time. Would a metal roof make sense in terms of resale value?
Dick Bus
9/10/2012
I think it does make economic sense for you. About the time you would be moving into a retirement home you will most likely need to replace the asphlat shigles again, where as a metal roof will continue to perform; provided you use a quality metal roofing product. As members of the Metal Roofing Alliance all manufacturers agree to a minimum standard of quality. Otherwise ask for the Metal Construction Association certified products.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.