Lisa Griffin
5/10/2012
My contractor is building a screen porch with a hipped roof on the back of my 1925 2-story brick home in Richmond. He has quoted a price of $3000 for copper and just under that for Gavalume. He reports that the latter is standing seam and has large ridge caps that he thinks would not look as good as what he calls "flat-lock copper". I don't think copper is right for this age/style of home, and am wondering if I'm missing any options. The front porch is tin. I have attached a photo of the partially built porch, which is approximately 10' X 10'. Thanks!
Dick Bus
5/10/2012
Lisa, thank you for considering a metal roof on your addition. I would recommend that you peruse the websites of the member companies of this website. There are a lot of different designs for you to consider. All of the member companies adhere to a high standard of quality products.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
5/10/2012
Lisa, I think copper would look great on that roof -- it would set it off very nicely and be very classic looking.
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
5/11/2012
+1 Not to be a contrarian, but I think copper looks good on everything.
Guest User
5/11/2012
Thanks much for the replies. Guess I'll suck it up and go with copper. Does the price seem in line? He's using 12-gauge.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.