wanted: non-ribbed metal flat roofing

Phil Lethes
4/10/2012
I have a 12 x 15 utility room downstairs. There is a door from the 2nd story to let me walk out onto this. Right now it has old rolled roofing with some bubbles, and is pretty flat. I would like to pave over it with plywood, and then find non-ribbed metal roofing to seal against the elements. Non-ribbed so I can unroll outdoor all-weather carpet on it in the summer and use it as a deck (I'll add railing). I've beefed up support with 4x12 beam underneath. Right now most of what I can find is corrugated or ribbed roofing. Can you direct me to a sheets of flat metal roof that won't create ridges under the carpeting? Screw would have to be pan head or low profile, or could I glue it down to the plywood with adhesive? thanks.
Dick Bus
4/11/2012
The only thing I can think of that you can use to accomplish this is a flat lock zinc panel so that the joints can be soldered. You would need to hire a skilled craftsman to do this. The railing would have to be properly flashed and soldered. Any other metal products will lead to problems.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.