Metal roof issues

Guest User
3/2/2012
I had a metal roof put on a couple of summers ago. The first winter we had leaking. The snow was blowing into the attic where the pitch of the roof changed. After further inspection, I found that you can see daylight not only at the change in the pitch, but also at the peak. I also found that when the old shingles were removed, the metal was placed directly on the old roof boards that were left after the roofing material was removed. A lot of the screws go through the metal and don't hit anything. My questions is -- can we pull the metal off and reuse them. I would like to get this done correctly -- the second time!
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
3/2/2012
A qualified and experienced metal roofing contractor should be able to remove these and re-install them, re-using most of the panels provided they have not been badly damaged in some way
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
3/4/2012
+1 to Todd's assessment. My only caveat would be that I would not be surprised if the were installed improperly and therefore eliminate their ability to be re-used or even removed carefully.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.