Metal Roof Water Issues

Guest User
2/26/2012
Hello experts, I have been having a bit of a discussion on some metal deck roofing water issues at: http://www.diychatroom.com/f9/wet-deck-roof-134945/ Lots of pictures there as well. What is your take on the installation and a 2/12 pitch. The roof has been wrought with various water issues, and the underside of the roof is still getting wet .. water seems to be soaking through the plywood. Perhaps you would have some additional insight? The roof is classic rib, and its going over a screened deck and installed over t1-11. Its my understanding now that it should be on a 3/12 slope, although I have also seen 2-1/2/12 referenced in other literature on the web. That unto itself is confusing, as how can the same roof have two different recommendations. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Thanks, SG
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
2/26/2012
The roof really needs to be at least 3:12 and careful attention must be taken to ensure the flashing to the main roof keeps at least that pitch too,
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
2/27/2012
All the advice you got on DIY (some of it mine in this case too) is spot on. I would distance myself from the contractor that did that addition/roof and see if you can get your money back.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.