metalbestos chimney pipe boots

gina D'Avignon
2/9/2012
Hello all this is my first time asking a question, I do peek in on your conversations regularly. I own a Metal roofing business in Maine. I've come across a customer question that has me scratching my head. Our customer installed a metalbestos chimney pipe. According to the manufacturer of the pipe they say the code for the United States calls for a high temp. silicone pipe boot, not the standard EPDM rubber. My customer wants an "extreme angle boot" as he has a steep pitch and the boot we installed is "bunched up and too tight in there." I researched extreme angle boots and only found one high temp silicone - from Master Flash. However, it's only for a 5" pipe. My customer has a 10" pipe. Anyone know of a silicone extreme angle 10" pipe boot out there? I've done all the research, and he insists on this extreme angle boot - if it exists in this diameter, it's quite elusive! Thank you
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
2/9/2012
Thanks Gina. We will see what input exists out there!

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.