Guest User
1/16/2012
My standing seam metal roof was installed approximately 2 years ago. There is no noise when it rains. However, when it is very windy, there is quite a lot of noise. It sounds like multiple areas are vibrating, depending on the direction of the wind. I can't actually see any movement, so am not sure if it is the roof or the eaves. It's enough noise to wake everyone in the house. Any thoughts on what might be gong on? Thank you.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
1/16/2012
This could be a ventilation issue, or there could be something loose on the roof. Also, is your roof installed on lathe boards or solid decking? I always suggest solid decking for residential applications.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.