Guest User
12/18/2011
I have bought a mobile home with large metal roofed patio. I would like to make part of this a room. The metal sheets lie on 1x4 at right angles to 2x4 supports. There are no leaks, but condensation on bottom of metal on cold mornings. Can I put fiberglass batt insulation in the spaces and then poly vapor barrier , then plywood ceiling ? Is there a better or more economical way ?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
12/18/2011
A better way would be sprayed polyicynene insulation.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
12/18/2011
It is very difficult to get the air/vapor barrier details just right where they don't allow some moisture to reach the roof and create condensation. You would be far better served with spray foam as Todd mentioned. Closed cell will be better in your application.
Jeffrey Rudolf
2/12/2014
test
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
2/13/2014
Test passed.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.