installed roofing backwards

Guest User
10/2/2011
Hi, I hired a guy to install a metal roof. I now think I made a big mistake and he must not have known what he was doing because it was installed backwards, i.e. the wrong end overlaps and it sticks up. How big of a problem is this and can it be fixed without removing the roof and putting a new one down? There is a flap just past the ridge that should be under the metal roof and is on top and sticks up a quarter inch in some places, could I just have them screw that down so it does not poke up? Thanks, David
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/2/2011
Can you email a picture to me? At first I thought I understood the problem but then as I read your post, I wasn;t so sure. [email protected] Also, have you checked with the roofing manufacturer? Thanks.
Guest User
10/2/2011
First thanks very much for looking. I will send some pictures in just a bit. I plan to call the manufacturer in the morning, I didn't think I could get anyone on Sunday :-) David
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/2/2011
No problem. Thank you. If you want to let me know who the manufacturer is, I might be able to suggest who you should talk to.
Guest User
10/2/2011
Sure the manufacturer is union corrugated company. The product is Master Rib. I sent the email so let me know if you don't get it. Many thanks David
Guest User
10/2/2011
My last two post seem to have been blocked - the error said it thought they were spam so I don't know if this will make it either. The manufacture is Union Corrugating Company. Thanks David
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/2/2011
Sorry about the posting problem. I have your email and will look at it soon. Union is a good company but I do not know anyone there currently other than Bill Fox who I believe still is their head of sales. Sorry I don't have a technical contact to give you.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.