Installing in bad weather

Guest User
10/1/2011
I hate to keep bothering you guys, but I seem to have missed the best stretch of weather we've had in a while here. So now I'm looking at 50's - 60's and rain in the forecast as far as I can see. I'm installing exposed fastener painted metal roofing to osb (no battens) with Grace tri-flex too. If I get caught in between rain showers and end up with water in between the metal and underlayment, will it dry out? It seems the closures would keep it from drying easily. How about between the osb and underlayment? I'm thinking that would dry on its own. I know I have seen unprotected new constructions going up where everything gets wet for weeks and weeks.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/1/2011
Hi Ted. Thanks for the question. It will dry out. You do not need to worry that it will cause a problem.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
10/2/2011
+1 It will dry out as Todd says. Underlayments are designed to be vapor permeable.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.