how to instal metal roof over non insulated room

Guest User
9/12/2011
how do u instal a metal roof over an non insulated room... i had my room attach for my 100 yr old house installed with a metal roof.. this room used as a mud room for shoes, toys, n protect my cellar door.. it condesence in the winter .. ice a little at nite n drips durring day!! i want to klnow how i can stop this from happening... everywhere on line shows to put the plywood down n paper then metal roofing.. we have a open roof where u look up in the room n see the metal! so how would i properly do this... the roof is not on any big slop either its low !!
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
9/12/2011
At this point, the best option I can think of is to have the bottom of the roof sprayed with closed cell urethane insulation.
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
9/12/2011
+1 Spray foam is going to be your easiest and best option. Prepare to spend some good money on foam.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.