is a metal roof right for my house

ch munding
9/7/2011
We have asphalt shingles and ongoing leaks. Interested to know if metal roof would be the solution. Cost is also a factor. thank you for your response Ch Munding
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
9/7/2011
There is a great metal product out there for just about any house. If you'd like to send me or post pictures of your house, I might be able to provide some better ideas as to what would work well. [email protected]
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
9/12/2011
Metal is certainly, when done correctly, a nearly permanent solution. What look were you going for?
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
9/14/2011
Metal roofing can be installed by oneself and it sounds like your roof is fairly simple and would be a good candidate. I would suggest using this website to find some products you like and then inquiring with the manufacturers as to whether their product is available for DIY installation and, if so, how they obtain it. Also ask what they have as far as manuals, videos, or even training classes.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.