Guest User
9/2/2011
We're preparing to re-roof our home and are considering metal panels. While searching online I came to a site informing that it is advisable to wash painted metal panels annually to control chalk, discoloration, etc. and lists what products should and should not be used. Is this a common problem with this product? Is this true that one needs to have the metal panels washed annually? I thought that metal roofs were virtually care-free and the benefits outnumber the problems.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
9/2/2011
In normal atmospheric conditions, I would say that most people do not do this. Occasional rain is fine to provide some cleaning. Look for a quality coating on your metal roof.
Guest User
11/3/2011
I have a residential metal roof, I want to know if I can pressure clean the roof since it have some texture that can it be damage. which is the correct way to clean a metal roof.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
11/3/2011
I would check with the manufacturer but pressure cleaning is usually acceptable.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
11/3/2011
See response in other thread. Check with manufacturer and make sure you don't cause more harm than good.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.