Mechanical Seam Roofing

Bo Howard
8/8/2011
I am wondeing what the difference between Single and Double Lock Mechanical Seamed Standing Seam roofing is? I've heard both are great, but I don't understand the differences between the two. Are there times when one is preffered, and is there a cost difference? Thanks in advance.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
8/8/2011
Here is a link to a diagram which will show the differences: http://www.vmzincasia.cn/en/our-solutions/vmzinc-roofing/vmz-double-lock-standing-seam.html There probably will not be a major cost difference though double lock will be a little more and will offer greater watertight assurance on low pitch or long rafter length roofs.
Bo Howard
8/11/2011
If there is no significant cost difference why would I use a single lock? It sounds like the double is stronger, is there a scenario in which a single lock would be better?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
8/11/2011
I am not an expert in such things frankly but I would not see any reason to not go with double lock if it is available from a conscientious contractor in your area.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
8/11/2011
Single or Double lock is just fine. A double lock can be used (provided the proper allowance by the manufacturer) in 0:12 slope situations. Both will work fine but we normally use a double.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.