Patrick Caddeau
7/22/2011
We are adding one story additions on both sides of our 2 story center hall colonial which has a slate roof. We plan to use standing seam metal roof for the additions on both sides of the house to tie together the new construction. We can't afford a copper roof, which I know would look great with existing slate, but I'd like to add metal roof that looks similar to copper. In your experience, are we more likely to get something that looks "authentic" if we go with a "classic copper" or "patina green" to simulate a copper roof? I've been searching the internet for good examples of either installation. Suggestions for how best to make this decision would be appreciated.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
7/22/2011
Really, the print coat (multi hued) copper colors available from many manufacturers have a very good authentic look. I think you'd be happy with any of them -- just a matter of which one you fell goes bets with the rest of your home.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.