brittany morgan
7/19/2011
Hello, I am building a roof for a pole barn that has 8 isosceles triangles for the roof. 30 ft long rafters that tie into a center post that is 22 ft tall about. my pitch is 7:12 and it is all framed out with 2x6's every 2 ft going down the rafter. I was told i could use 26 gauge metal roofing without using any decking...by several metal supply stores and a couple contractors. I am still not sure if this is sufficient enough for a 120 lb per sq ft snowload? I could use as many opinions as possible. thanks
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
7/19/2011
Yes, this is feasible. However I strongly encourage you to contact the actual manufacturer of the product you will be installing and make sure it is tested and rated for this use. You will also want a copy of their load table for the product to ensure you have adequate battens and spacing,
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
7/19/2011
+1 Each manufacturer will have their own engineering specs for snow load on each given installation method. I would definitely check with them first to confirm their maximums.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.