Theresa McMurray
We are putting a metal roof on our sons home over an old shingle roof, we are putting down the 1x strips to screw the metal to, we are wondering if they make a vented ridge cap in white for the metal roofs and can use this instead of putting those small vents in which is so much more work. We have used the vented ridge caps on shingled roofs and they are great, but we can't find out if they make them for the metal roofs. Thanks for any help you can give. Theresa
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
Thanks for the post Theresa and thanks for buying a metal roof. Yes there are ridge vents available ... what I really suggest is going back to the manufacturer of your roofing to see if they produce one or have one to recommend. They probably will. You also could look at a product called ProfileVent used with a standard ridge cap.
Eric Novotny
An informed customer is the Best Customer!
+1 on Todd recommendation or an installer can typically fabricate a unit out of the same metal if you are going with standing seam.

If you would like to reply to this thread, please log in. If you do not have an Ask the Experts forum user account, create one here.

Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.