Guest User
9/30/2010
I recently donated 37 sheets of roofing from damaged roof by Katrina, to Green Project. How much should I put as value for this?
Guest User
10/12/2010
Should I put the value at $5.00 per sheet. This is for income tax purposes, under donations. If you could give me an idea, I'd be most grateful. Mrs. Allen
Nate Libbey
10/13/2010
Allen, This is a very difficult thing to estimate, depending on: - the type of the roofing - the condition of the roofing - and very importantly, the length of the roofing. If, as an example, it were a common 3' wide metal roofing panel: Suppose the panels were 10' long Suppose it were painted New they might cost $22.00 each But damaged they might be worth $10.00 each. Non-painted might be worth $17.00 new or $8.00 damaged. Again the problem is there are so many factors. Just estimate the best you can.
Guest User
10/14/2010
Thank you, sir for responding. Thank you for taking the time to respond and show me what should be the considerations. Thank you so much.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.