Dead soft alum. Flashing to metal roof

Guest User
9/23/2010
I am having to flash on top of the existing metal roof with the Simpson dead soft aluminum flashing. Any hints on how to bent around the coorigations on the metal roofing? This will be triple wall pipe. Do I need high heat silicone? Lots of sheet metal screws?
Nate Libbey
9/23/2010
If possible I would use a different type of pipe boot, one designed for metal roofing. *See the attachment showing one such option. This type of pipe boot is designed to conform to the ribs of metal roofing, and will create a much tighter seal.
Guest User
9/23/2010
Do you know the manuf. of the high temp. boot?
Nate Libbey
9/23/2010
There are multiple manufacturers of them. The ones we sell are made by Aztec Washers, and are called Master Flash. I'm not sure on the other names.
Guest User
9/23/2010
I Need one for about a 12" outside diam. triplewall stainless stove pipe. and to cover a hole about 20" in the roof. Is this possible.
Nate Libbey
9/24/2010
Yes. They have a #10 that does from a 12" to 26" pipe. Regular EPDM boots do up to 250 degrees High-Temp Silicone boots do up to 450 degrees.
Guest User
9/25/2010
Nope , buddy chewing gum works the best ,,, of course to need to chew it frist
Nate Libbey
9/27/2010
that wasn't very relevant!
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.