Guest User
7/28/2003
Dear experts, We are planning to put an Ideal Roofing Heritage series Metal roof on our cottage. Presently, the front porch/deck is partially covered with metal swaths alternating with an opaque, matching profile, fiberglass panel. Ideal does not have a matching opaque or transluscent panel. As we really do want the front deck to have natural light what alternatives are there? Should we be looking at a different roofing system? Does someone make flat "frosted" plexiglass panels we can use? The glare of sunlight through clear panels is out. This is going to be a self install so it'll have to be one we can deal with. Don't people with horse barns do something like this? Please advise. Leena in Ontario
Guest User
7/28/2003
Hello! Glad to hear you're installing a metal roof. Ideal is a member of the MRA. Have you contacted them with this question? My best advice, though, is to installed a curbed skylight / roof window. Use a quality brand. I am assuming this roof has at least a 3:12 pitch.
Guest User
7/31/2005
Dear Leena, I read your message about your opaque roof with much interest. You wrote back in 2003 and I have a similar roof need. Did you ever find a solution to your opaque porch roof. Thanks Paul
Allan Reid
Dura-Loc Roofing Systems, Inc.
8/2/2005
Todds advice is best. Identify and contact the manufacturer of your metal roofing. They will know ifv there is a supplier of matching translucent panels.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.