jig patel
8/23/2010
I am looking to put a new metal roof on my motel. It has approx. 412 sq. ft of roof coverage. Currently I have shingle roof and it is leaking in various spots. I don't know too much about roofing so I don't know what kind of shingles I have. Which kind of metal should I put on it? What is the minimum gauge, recommended gauge I should use for the new metal? Please help and thank you in advance.
mick capper
metal roofing software
8/23/2010
Hi, I suggest you get a couple of quotes from reputable roofing companies. They will quote on the appropriate gauge and profile sheeting required for your roof design.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
8/28/2010
If you'd like to send me a picture of your hotel I may have some specific recommendations. My email is [email protected]
Guest User
8/28/2010
I have a two-car garage with many holes in the existing shingle roof. The garage is constructed out of cinder blocks. I am thinking about going with a new metal roof instead of shingles. What type of structure do you need to support a metal roof? The current roof has a pitch, can a metal roof be flat?
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
8/28/2010
Most metal roofs can be applied (with proper slip layer) directly over top a shingle roof. Metal roofs are considerably less heavy than shingles so there is no need for added structure. Metal roofs can be made to work on flat roofs.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.