6" of iso + 1/2" plywood = what screws ?

Petr Glotov
6/27/2010
Hi All, I'm in the preparation stage to re-roof my house with a metal roof system, I am planning to put 6" of iso on wood deck and cover it with 1/2" cdx plywood, and screw them down to the deck with 8" screws. Then cover it with GAF Deck Armor underlayment (and the metal roof on top). What screws should I use ? Any good or bad brands ? I'm having troubles finding 8" long screws. Thanks for your advice. Peter
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
6/27/2010
Call a SIPs manufacturer and see what screws they use. The are very familiar with fastening down panels threw 6-8" of EPS/Poly foam. I would personally use some sort of clima-seal screw (i.e. coated against weatherization) and you are going to need a flat panel then you would obviously need a countersunk screw head.
Petr Glotov
6/27/2010
Thanks, its a good idea to treat this sandwich as a SIP, and follow a SIP guideline.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.