Help! Self adhesive or synthetic underlayment under metal roof

Steve Toohey
4/26/2010
I am having a classic rib metal roof installed. I am confused whether I should have the sub use a synthetic underlayment, or a peel and stick. I know the peel and stick will help seal around the screws, and the synthetic will probably be better to prevent moisture/condensation... what is best? Leadville stays cold at night (down to freezing) about 8 months out of the year, and has high UV and sun as well (at 10,00 ft). BTW, I am having all new decking installed, 5/8 in plywood. Thanks, Steve
Guest User
4/26/2010
I should have said 10,000 ft!
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
4/27/2010
Around my parts, Ice/Water is about $10 more per square so you are looking at about a $1,000 upgrade. What is the design of the roof/structure below. The Ice/Water is a nice option and more important if you are worried about moisture diffusion to the roof metal.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
5/2/2010
As long as you have good ventilation in the attic, as a safeguard, I would use the ice and watershield.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.