Sheila Gore
1/26/2010
We are having a metal roof put on as I type this. I was reading about codes and did not know that you should check for that. What are they for the state of Georgia? Also,the roofing guy is just putting ours on over the existing shingles,and we have indentions where he is screwing it down.Please help!
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
1/26/2010
I always prefer to remove the existing roof as opposed to going over old. Does not make much sense to keep all that thermal mass in the roof as well as weight when installing what should be a 35+ year roof system.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
1/26/2010
Some products are more ideal for installing over existing shingles than others. This sounds like he is over driving the fasteners. Can you make him stop and consult with the manufacturer? There should not be any special code concerns for you.
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
1/28/2010
Overdriving the fasteners would be my first guess too. What was the rationale behind not removing the old roof if you don't mind me asking?
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.