Guest User
1/13/2010
The contractor that put my metal roof on laid the metal where the longer part of the lap leg is placed over the top. (See attached photo). I had my roof inspected by a roofer and he says the metal is installed improperly. He said the over lap leg and the under lap leg are reversed. He said when it rains this can cause a siphoning effect and that i will definetly have moisture problems later. The contractor also cut the metal with a electric saw not shears, the roofer told me that the metal will rust prematurely every where he cut nad every place a spark hit the metal. I was just curious what some other opinions might be on this
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
1/15/2010
I would suggest contacting the roofing manufacturer regarding the mis-application. This may be primarily an aesthetic issue. However, if a dealer would do that wrong, I would suspect other things may be wrong as well. Cutting with a saw leaves a ragged edge that may be prone to corrosion. The hot shards can also bury their way into the paint finish and rust down the road.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.