Guest User
1/10/2010
Was trying to pick a color for a new metal roof when I noticed that different colors have different Solar Reflectivity. The range seems to be from SR 25 (black) to SR 70 (white) on the color chart that I was given. I understand that an SR of 50 is going to be twice that of SR25 but how significant is this really in terms of performance. I would give up my prefered color choice (SR26) for something that is better (SR50) but not if the performance increase isn't measurable. What do you think?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
1/15/2010
It will give extra reflectivity and in a warm climate there may be value to that. The SR 26 will qualify you for the federal energy tax credit.
Guest User
7/27/2010
Can you enlighten me - what Energy Credit is available? We're about to have a new metal roof installed to replace a comp roof. I'd sure like to find out about an tax credit. Thanks!
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
7/27/2010
http://energystar.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/energystar.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_lva=5892&p_li=&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_page=1&p_cv=&p_pv=1.312&p_prods=312&p_cats=&p_hidden_prods=&prod_lvl1=312&p_search_text=metal+asphalt+coating&p_n
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.