how to insulate the metal roof on my garage/shop

Guest User
1/2/2010
My deatched garage/shop has a metal roof(21 years old). There is no attic. Straight up to metal roof panels. Can this roof be inusulated now? What is the best way to insulate the roof to prevent condensation and "raining" indoors?
Guest User
1/3/2010
I have the same problem.. sure would like to know how to prevent the "rain" inside the building. Any one have suggestions?
Guest User
1/4/2010
I havwe a 1965 modle trailer I had to remove celing now I cannot stop the sweting or the rain inside I removed all the insulation that was touching the metal there is where the sweting was comming threw the celing Now should I put a foam board base up so there is nothing thouchig the metal this way
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
1/4/2010
I would suggest having the underside of these roofs sprayed with polyicynene foam.
Guest User
1/9/2010
Good idea. But very costly. I have a 24x40 shop. Would cost 1800.00 to 3000.00 to insulate with spray foam. any other ideas?
joe williams
2/11/2010
Try polyurea or polyurethane foam to solved out this problem
Guest User
2/25/2010
see www.suspenderbar.com it is made just for this purpose
Guest User
2/25/2010
see www.suspenderbar.com it is made just for this purpose
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.