Guest User
12/28/2009
I just had a 20' x 20' shed built with a roof that goes up to a peak. The roof is decked with 7/16" OSB and covered with 30lb felt. It will have soffit vents but because the roof goes up to a peak it does not have a place for a ridge vent. I plan on having a metal roof installed. Is there a way to vent this type of peaked roof?
Guest User
12/29/2009
I failed to state that the roof in on 7/12 pitch. The ceiling joists and rafters are on 16" centers.
Guest User
12/29/2009
The building will not be heated or cooled - at least not anytime soon.
Guest User
12/29/2009
Im not quite sure but if you cut in 11/2" on either side of the ridge board the full length you might be able to order ridge vent to use with your metal roof. by the way you should use 5/8 osb or 1/2 cdx
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
12/30/2009
You definitely will wnat some sort of roof vent to exhaust the air that the soffit vents bring in.
Guest User
1/2/2010
What will happen if I don't do anything to vent the attic?
Guest User
1/3/2010
If you're in a heating climate you'll probably have moisture problems unless you go with spray foam (with proper thickness)under the deck.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
1/5/2010
Thanks.
Guest User
5/23/2010
should the ridge be vented or unvented using sprayfoam?
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
5/23/2010
You will have moisture issues regardless of climate zone if the attic is not air sealed between the living space and the unconditioned space of the attic. A ridge vent can be installed or gable vents can be installed.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.