Guest User
10/11/2009
The biggest problem we have with our existing asphalt shingle roof is heavy moss growth on the north-eastern side of the house. This moss is very difficult to remove without damaging the roof shingles. If we replace our roof with a metal one, are we likely to experience less of this problem? Thanks.
Ken Buchinger
NCI Building Systems, Inc.
10/12/2009
I have never seen moss grow on metal roofs.
Guest User
10/14/2009
I have moss growing on a few areas of my metal roof...I'm going to have to rent a pressure washer to clean off problem areas.
Guest User
6/3/2010
Be careful with pressure washer, you can cause big problems. If you can reach TSP/Chlorine water mix cleans real well. I have pressure washed with no problem. Just have to follow ribs straight down. Water can easily go between J-seam. Best of luck.
Guest User
6/3/2010
PS :) Try to rent pressure washer you can add chemical to and us TSP?Chlorine mix. Or Just apply with extension pole and window clean or different device.
Guest User
6/24/2010
We have a great deal of lichen/moss growth on our metal roof - and corrosion, staining & fading - but no leaks!. We can't get up there to pressure wash as it is too steep - now what? The roof is very visible from the road & looks awful. suggestions?
Guest User
7/12/2010
Ken- apparently you don't live in Oregon. Just about every house in my neighborhood that has a metal roof, has a thin layer of moss growing on the north side. I guess living under a rock makes it hard to sse moss growing on the outside...
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.