Guest User
9/26/2009
I am considering giving my 30 year old Morton Barn a coating of Kool-Seal and was interested in your thoughts. The surface of the metal has oxidation and needs either paint or a sealer of some sort. We use the building for horses and no insulation was installed in the ceiling when built so condensation can be an issue at times. The Kool Seal is a thicker membrane type of coating. Thanks for your input! Dan Morgan Clarksville, Ohio
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/6/2009
Usually with those coatings you need an extremely clean ans pristine surface in order to get good adhesion.
Guest User
10/7/2009
Thanks Todd. In your opinion would a urethane product such as C&G Products Elasta Gard be a better choice and why. I am trying to better understand the differences in an acrylic product and a urathane. Or ... it there another product you recommend better. http://www.cgcoatings.com/elastagard_db_m.html Thanks again Dan Morgan
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/7/2009
I am very sorry but this is way outside my area of expertise. I am sorry.
Guest User
10/12/2009
Dan, Did you find a suitalbe sealant for the barn roof? I have the same situation and have just begun to research but no clues to the right product.
Guest User
10/14/2009
No ... still investigating. Preperation seems to be key whatever you use but I'm leaning towards a urathane based product.
Guest User
10/27/2009
Hi guys. Just came across your questions I own a mobile metal roof restoration business in northern ohio and have another office in central florida check out web site wwww.metalroofrestoration.com you might find it helpful. We do a lot of morton buildings I wouldent use kool seal unless you really know what your doing it needs to be extremely cleaned and a really expensive primer is needed with that product or you will have rust come back through within a year. Good luck. Give us a call if you have any more questions we give free evaluations.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.